Thursday, April 21, 2005

I'd sign the petition, if I could log into the stupid site....

Remember Surge? The hardcore citrus soda from the late 90's? I was furious when they took it off the market. It was my favorite soda. Bar none. I'd drink about 6 cans a day. It was terrible for me, I'm sure, but it was so good. I've never been fanatical about any other kind of food product before, but I was seriously obsessed with this stuff. I never figured out why, but it seemed to be very controversial. People didn't just not like it. They HATED it. I talked to so many people that refused to try it. I guess it must have been the fact that it was bright green. I felt like Sam-I-Am trying to get people to try it. I think you can chalk it up to racism. Not giving green pop a chance.

This story is about this site that's all about bringing it back. I think they're down for the moment, because they got FARKed, but they'll hopefully be back later, so I can check it out and join the cause.

And before I hear complaining from anyone, I did the diplomatic thing and used both "soda" and "pop" in this article so don't complain to me that I'm a moron. Oh, wait. I forgot about Texas.

Surge was a "Coke" product. Happy?

No comments: