Saturday, April 16, 2005

UK > US?

Ok, maybe that's painting with too broad of a brush. But I will give them the edge in romantic comedies. My wife convinced me to watch (most of) Bridget Jones' Diary, and then Love, Actually. I must say, it is much, much better than the utter crap that comes from Hollywood. Don't get me wrong, some American movies are good, but no American romantic comedies are good. I'm pretty picky when it comes to movies, but I must say, if there's one genre I really like, it's British movies. Snatch. Trainspotting. The Full Monty. All good movies that I was pleasantly surprised with. Now that I know that they can pull off the feared Romantic Comedy Genre, I'm very impressed.

I still don't think that even the British could pull off decent reality TV though. And don't tell me that it was all invented over there and then shipped over here. I know that. I doubt I'd like it anyway.

I'll have to ask my buddy Jason what he thinks when he gets back from London.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Looks like you won't have to wait...My current opinion of Hollywood movies: 98% of them suck, no matter what kind they are. Its like they've all become the same lame predictable bland boring crap. Special effects, overpaid actors, bad writing, non-existant plots, etc. But apparently people are still lining up to pay $9 for a ticket and $18 for a couple of cokes and some shitty popcorn. Until this stops, I wouldn't expect anything to change. Disagree? Well then you're a fucking idiot.