Sunday, August 14, 2005

All's well that ends well.

It turns out that neither of my trials ended up working out. The one guy pled right before the trial started, and I didn't end up doing the DUI one either. That being said, it ended up being an extremely positive experience. I feel like I was able to have a huge amount of actual in court experience for an intern. I tried cases, argued motions, and did a ton of traffic dispositions. I dealt with attorneys, both arguing against them as well as negotiating with them. I have a much better idea of what it takes to do what these guys do, and what it takes to convince a jury that they should see things your way. It really has been a rewarding summer. It was hard work, but hopefully it will pay off. Now I just have to find a job for the rest of the school year. Decisions, decisions.

No comments: