Thursday, August 04, 2005

On Deck

Only about a week to go, but things are coming to a head. I'm getting ready to tee-up one of two jury trials for Monday. I'm not sure which one will go though. One's a theft and the other's a felony DUI. I'm pretty excited about them, but it's going to be a challenge. I'm a little nervous about jury selection, because I've never done it before, and I don't have much time to prep for two. More than anything this summer, I want to get a jury trial. I had one scheduled a while back, but it ended up going away, which was dissapointing. I have two on deck, so one of them will almost certainly go. I just wish I knew which one, so I could focus on it.

I have several bench trials scheduled for tomorrow, but I'm not sure how many or which ones will end up going. Then I have another motion to suppress tomorrow afternoon. I was supposed to go on a ride-along with the police on Friday night from 5 PM - 3:30 AM, but I ended up cancelling because I'm going to need some time to devote to my jury trials. It would also suck getting up at 6 AM on Friday and working non-stop until 3:30 Saturday morning. I'm going to see if I can do it next week though.

My appellate brief is finished, and was printed out today to send to the Kansas Court of Appeals. Hopefully that one works out as well.

Wish me luck, and I'll post how things turn out.

No comments: