Sunday, September 25, 2005

What I did last Wednesday...


Hillary and I saw Coldplay at Verizon Ampitheater (I'll always want to call it Sandstone) outside of KC this week. It was a great show. Really high energy, good music, good weather. All around enjoyable experience. We even got a great parking spot. The fates were smiling on us.

It was funny, I was at the very back of the crowd, and I looked down the hill and saw hundreds of people trying to take pictures with their cell phones. I'll admit, even I tried. The results were less than satisfactory. It would have been great if I could have sat up close, and taken my Nikon, but unfortunately the close seats sold out quick, and they don't allow digital cameras at Verizon Ampitheater, especially ones like mine. No zoom, really low resolution, and a crappy, tiny lens with no low-light capabilities make for crappy pictures, otherwise I would have uploaded some myself.

The best thing about the show was that it was priced reasonably. Our tickets were $25 a piece, parking included. When I saw Dave Matthews last year I think I paid $40-45. The show was sold out, too. Even the lawn. Crazy. But a worthwhile show, for sure.

No comments: