Wednesday, February 15, 2006

New Deal


No, not that one. I ended up getting into a pretty good computer deal at Office Depot. There might be some problems with it, but I think it will work out. Basically, here's what I got:

Pretty solid Compaq Desktop Tower
17" CRT Monitor
Basic HP Printer
Basic Epson Printer/Scanner/Copier*
(Also, it should have included a Basic Canon Printer)

And, as free bonuses:

Mini Fridge
2 Travel Coffee Mugs (Sounds cheesy, but we use them daily)
Basic, cheap MP3 Player
iPod Docking Station with Speakers

The asterix (and the potential problem) is because they may not have the Epson available.

It comes to $745 after tax, with free delivery.
$400 in rebates, brings it down to $345. After I sell the crap I don't want on eBay, I'll end up spending about $50, and have a solid desktop computer, a mini fridge, and the mugs. I might take the mini fridge to work or give it to my brother. I might sell him the desktop as well for a couple hundred bucks.

And the interesting thing is that this isn't related to FatWallet. It's SlickDeals, this time.

No comments: