Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Photoshop Editing


I read a post on the D70 forums about salvaging pictures by doing things in Photoshop which are traditionally not encouraged. Boosting saturation and contrast really high, adding grain, blur, etc. It's a cool technique. I am by no means a photo editing pro, but it seemed to work in this photo of my nephew. The first is after some standard editing. The second is after what many people would call over-editing.

I like the effect. I didn't pull it off as well as this guy, but then again he appears to be pretty talented.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Looks like the kid got too close to an exploding vial of fake-bake suntan lotion...

Your in the right direction with the pic though, try super imposing the edited pic on top of the original using layers. That'll let you control the effect better