Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Getting Organized

As some of you may know, I'm desperately unorganized, despite Hillary's best efforts. I've decided I'm going to give Google Calendar a shot. It looks like it has some great features.

1. It is accessible from anywhere with an internet connection. With my Treo, that includes I-35, Arrowhead Stadium, and pretty much anywhere else.

2. I can add events to it by sending a text message with my phone. It's pretty smart, too. I sent a message that said, "lunch today @ 12pm". It understood what I meant, and the event showed online a few seconds later.

3. As I'm typing this, it just text messaged me a reminder of an event scheduled to start in 10 minutes.

4. It can sync with iCal. Although I'm not a regular iCal user, and I don't have .Mac, that might change someday.

5. The interface is great.

6. It's completely free.

7. It shows up on my custom Google homepage. Here's a screenshot

All in all, I'm pretty impressed.

No comments: