Tuesday, September 05, 2006

New Computer

Well, we're officially an all Mac household now. I sold enough parts out of my Athlon 64 box that it's no longer really a computer. I'm going to get some sort of Mac desktop, but won't know until September 12th which one. Apparently there's speculation the new Minis are coming, but the odds are even higher the new iMacs are coming, including a 23" version. As much as I'd like to have that beast, I'm thinking of sticking with a 17" version, depending on what changes on the 12th.

If the price is low enough, and there are enough other upgrades to make it worthwhile, I might do a 20". Otherwise I'll keep the 17" and use my 2007FP as an external monitor. I'd like to get a couple external hard drives and have the thing set to automatically backup everything. When the new Time Machine feature in OS 10.5 comes out it will be very handy.

On a related note, apparently Apple may be releasing a cell phone soon. I'd like to see that.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good luck with your "all Mac" household. I hope you don't enjoy using any of the most popular software, since it's only available on PCs. Macs are great computeres--if you enjoy paying double for machines that aren't compatible with the leading software.