Tuesday, November 14, 2006

So here's the TV




In real life. I'm planning on setting it up on the TV stand to the right of the pictures eventually, but I need to move my 300 lb. CRT off of it first, and I'll need some help. It's the Sony BRAVIA KDL-40S2000. It's a 40" LCD, and it's a hair over 4" thick. I picked it up at CompUSA for $1499.99. It retails for $1799, but can be had for as little as $1520 delivered online, with no tax. Sony makes great televisions, but they're terribly overpriced. I normally wouldn't have bought a Sony for that very reason, but this one came with a free wall mount, and more importantly, a reservation for a Playstation 3.

Yup. Whenever CompUSA gets them in, I'm supposedly 5th in line to get one. If the eBay market is as good as I'm anticipating, I'll end up getting the TV for free, or close to it. If the PS3 doesn't pan out, I can return the TV, and have a free loaner to watch the Chiefs and Jayhawks on until Christmas.

It's a deal with a lot of upside, and very little risk, just like I like them.

EDIT: It looks like I'll be getting a PS3 after all. If the rumors are true, Sony's going to supply CompUSA with as many PS3's as TV's that they sell, and do it at or soon after launch. This makes a lot more sense than the other rumors I've heard, for various reasons I won't go into here. I'll update you on Friday if it happens.

This and this are getting me excited. They're two of the highest, but they're only pre-orders. The average is probably about $2000, as I expected.

No comments: