Sunday, January 14, 2007

New Toy


Well, I've wanted one of these since I first saw them. It looks like it's going to be a hit. Hillary was getting irritated with the home theater setup, and I must admit, I can't blame her. She could never figure out which input to use, which remote was causing the problem, etc. It was pretty complex. Now she just has to hit the "Watch Movie" button, and it plays a DVD. Or she can hit the "Watch TV" button for television. Pretty nice. It's going to work well.

Setup was a breeze, too. It automatically programs off of the internet. You plug the remote in using a USB cable, type in the model numbers of your equipment, and it does all the rest. No programming codes, no aiming remotes at each other, etc.

Retails for $150, I paid about $90 at cost at CompUSA. If I would have planned ahead, I would have picked one up from FatWallet.

If you have a home theater which involves at least a receiver, a TV, and a DVD player, I really think these are worth the money.

No comments: