Sunday, July 22, 2007

Vizio TVs

I'm pretty pleased with mine so far. Can't knock a 42" plasma for under $600, including tax and shipping. The picture seems pretty good. I'm getting some compression artifacts on solid backgrounds, but it's probably due to my AT&T Uverse service, rather than the TV. I'm going to see what I can do about eliminating it.

I used to be very skeptical about off-brand TVs, because of my experiences at Circuit City, and my brief stint with an Olevia, but it looks like Vizio gives you great bang for the buck. The Olevia may have been a better TV than I gave it credit for, but I wasn't very impressed. Granted, I didn't do any calibration, but I couldn't figure out how to get it to display widescreen content properly.

This Vizio P42 on the other hand, does the job very well.

No comments: