Sunday, January 30, 2011

Revolt in the Middle East

I get the sense the billions of dollars we've borrowed from China to give to the dictator shooting these people who are burning his picture was a poor investment.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ThvBJMzmSZI&sns=fb

I think my two year-old will agree, when she and her children are still working off our debt to China long after I'm gone.

There's more where that came from. Tunisia, Jordan, Yemen...even Saudi Arabia. Maybe Pakistan, before all is said and done.

People don't like the repressive autocrats we've propped up because they were supposedly "important partners" in our war on terror. Imagine that. Same thing with Iran, in our efforts to stop communism. Look where that got us.

I don't think these people appreciate our meddling. Nor do they buy our hypocritical calls for democracy.

Our "help" is neither wanted nor necessary. It isn't even help.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: