Friday, April 29, 2005

All's well that ends well...

Well, the monitors are all sold. Shipped the last one's off yesterday. I'm not sure how much I'll clear on the deal, but it should be over $1k. Which is good, because I just ordered another D70. I wanted a new lens, and my buddy Jason wanted a new camera. As it turns out, I ordered another D70, and I'm selling mine to Jason. Good deal for the both of us. Especially now that we can share accessories. I ordered two extra batteries off of ebay, and a remote shutter release. The total for those was about $25. At a store, the batteries are about $50 a piece, and i don't know how much a remote shutter release goes for. They're generic, but I've heard people that use them swear by them, and I figure for that kind of savings, even if only one battery works, it's still worthwhile. Now I just need to get some crazy lenses. But I might wait until I'm done with Law School before I do that. Ex-pens-ive.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Whoa, sounds like you made quite a bit. Your camera does seem to take really good pictues... Hmm... *glares at own camera* My camera doesn't seem to like me much.

Just a random question... How long does your camera battery usually last you?

Brad Raple said...

It does take really good pictures, and it's not due to my skill as a photographer. I'm pretty new at it. The battery is probably the most amazing thing about my camera. My old Canon (although it was a good camera) used to need to be recharged before every use. If I let it sit for a couple of weeks, the battery would wear almost all the way down, and even fully charged, it would only take about 200 pictures at the most. On my new Nikon, I've had the camera since Late November, and I've only had to recharge the battery twice so far. I can get at least 500 shots out of it on a single charge, usually more like 800, and it's always ready. It doesn't seem to lose charge while being stored. Awesome.