Monday, May 23, 2005

Some new pics...

My uncle is a photographer/videographer and has a HUGE collection of assorted audio/photo/video equipment. I was visiting him a while back, and he gave me a really old looking Tokina Manual Focus lens that had a Nikon mount. He doesn't use Nikon equipment, so he gave it to me. At first, I let it sit on my shelf for several months because it was a really old lens, and didn't do any of the metering and stuff automatically, and I had to manually set EVERYTHING. Because I was new to the camera, and SLR photographay to boot, I didn't want to mess with it. I was looking to see how much it would fetch on eBay a few days ago, and saw that it was only about 25 bucks. I decided that I should take some pictures to see what it could do.

I was very pleasantly surprised, as you can see from the pictures above. It's kind of a pain having to take a billion exposures at all different aperture and shutter settings in order to get a few good pics, but for a free lens, I'm pretty impressed. I think I'm going to pretty much just use it for macro work, until I get a better one. But that could be some time, due to budget concerns. I know there are much better lenses, but I have to say I'm pretty impressed with the capabilities of this FREE lens.

You should see the originals, they look a lot sharper.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That uncle of yours must be a pretty cool guy, I'd like to meet him. Maybe he would give me some free stuff I could sell on ebay. just kidding, I liked the pictures, Your cool uncle Pat