Friday, May 20, 2005

Trying to stretch my dollars....

I'm really into my D70. There is so much that I can do with it that I hardly know where to begin learning. Just when I think I have a decent shot, I see something here that makes me feel terribly inadequate. Check this out. People using the same camera as me, but with either 6 times more expensive equipment, 6 times the talent, or both. Pretty much all of the people there are more talented, but the equipment doesn't hurt either. I'm trying to get as much bang as I can out of this camera for as little buck as possible.

I got a free lens from my uncle. It's old, and similar ones go for about 25 bucks on eBay, but it seems to do a decent job. I just have to adjust all of the settings manually. I took a decent closeup of a flower today, it's just that the flower was dying and I loaned out my tripod and remote shutter release, so it's a bit blurry. But sharper than I expected. I'll have to see how it works out when I get my stuff back.

I'd like to get a ton of stuff for this guy, but I just can't justify the money. Top of my list is either an SB-800 or an SB-600 flash for it, a backpack that will fit it, my lenses, and my Powerbook, and this $400 dollar lens. But if I'm going to get any of those, I'd better get back to WORK. Seriously. You can buy it from me. Ships worldwide. You only think I'm joking.

No comments: