Monday, January 30, 2006

Things are looking better in Lawrence


I'm listening to Bill Self right now on the radio, talking about how KU is turning it up. I'm pretty impressed.

We're now in second place in the Big 12. That's good. Of course, we could be #1 if we wouldn't have lost to K-State and Mizzou, but then again, that's kind of a BS way to look at it. I think we're doing much better, and I'm glad to see it. I was a little worried about putting too many guys in the rotation, but it appears to be working out as they get used to things.

I do hope Brandon Rush stays around for at least one more season. I'm not naive enough to think that he will stay four years, or even that he should. He needs to hit the NBA at some point, but man, I hope he sticks around long enough for us to make a tournament run, which will be at least one more season after this one.

We've got a lot of games ahead of us, so it's not time to celebrate, but I like to see us win games like this, even if it is against a tired Texas Tech team.

No comments: