Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Shameless Product Placement

It isn't often that I am so blown away by a product that I put it in my blog.

Ok, that's a lie. I do it all the time. But my Treo Palm Wireless Headset is truly a great product. It works remarkably well, the battery lasts a long time, and it's incredibly convenient. It even takes the same charger as my phone. It's definitely one of my favorite gadgets, even though Hillary calls it my "bionic ear".

I wouldn't expect anyone to get too excited about what I've said so far, but there's more. This particular device has survived a challenge I didn't believe possible for a mere mortal gadget.

I ran it through the washer. AND the dryer. When I discovered it, I almost threw it in the garbage immediately. I was dejected to say the least. However, I attempted to charge it, more out of curiousity than anything else. Lo and behold, the power light turned on. My curiousity piqued, I had a difficult time waiting for it to finish the charging cycle. After an hour or so on the charger, I turned it on and dialed my voicemail. It worked like a champ. I felt like David Horowitz. Is Palm secretly owned by Timex or something?

Any self-respecting technology company can make a product that works well, though it happens much less frequently than it should. However, a product that works well despite being flat-out abused is rare.

Kudos to you, Palm.

No comments: