Thursday, April 20, 2006

Well, we're moving along nicely.



We're pre-approved for a large enough loan to get the kind of house we're looking for, much to our relief. The bad news is we won't be able to close on a place until July 31st, which is incidentally my first day at work. We were hoping to move in sometime during June. I'll have to see if we can work something out with the sellers that would allow us to move in before Hillary and I have to start working. The only thing I can imagine is the sellers agreeing to rent the place to us for a month or two, with a contract stating we will close on July 31st.

If they're smart, they'd agree to it. They'd basically get rent for the place for a month or two, and still get full price on the contract. I suppose it's somewhat unusual, but I'm not exactly an expert in real estate transactions. In any case, we should be good to go sooner or later. We're definitely excited. We have about 20 homes on a list, and we're trying to narrow it down. We're going to look at some of them on Saturday. Wish us luck.

No comments: