Sunday, June 04, 2006

In the running again

I ordered some more Dell laptops. We'll see how they go this time. I didn't make very much last time, but it was still worth my while. These are some pretty solid ones, with Core Duo processors, 1GB RAM, and a 100GB hard drive. They even have a DVD burner.

These are really just to tide me over until I get my lenses. Those should be a good deal. I made a couple hundred bucks off the last one. I probably could have sold it for more, even though it had been used a few times. When I get my big order, we should be in business.

I really need to figure out a way to get a steady supply of a product. There are advantages to finding niches in the market, and pouncing on them, but there is a downside as well. Looking for specialized deals, and then researching and marketing them takes time. Listing them on eBay takes time. If I could have a few products with a constant supply, I could automate most of the process. I wouldn't be getting the big score as often, but I would ideally have a steady stream of income. It would probably pay off better in the long run that way.

No comments: