Sunday, August 06, 2006

Battle of the Bulge

Unlike George S. Patton, I'm not fighting Nazis. I'm fighting my waistline. I'm beginning to get a bit heavier than I would like, and it's time to do something about it. I'm starting to exercise a little bit. Hillary and I have memberships at the YMCA, and we've been going a lot more often lately.

I've always hated exercise, but I think that's mainly the preparation. Once I start, it's usually not so bad, and when I'm done I feel pretty good. Sort of like mowing the lawn.

Listening to our iPods makes the exercise much easier. Hillary has an iPod Mini, and I picked up a Shuffle recently for $50. It's a refurb, but I couldn't tell. It came with a free armband, and is perfect for working out. I just load it up with a bunch of songs that make me want to beat somebody up, and click play. The interface is far from ideal if you want to browse through your music, but I want to avoid having to do that if I'm working out anyway.

When I get a new car, I'll get a real iPod. I want to get a CD player that interfaces directly with the iPod and charges it. Add another item to my list.

No comments: