Sunday, August 20, 2006

Couple New Deals


I'm getting a new 37" LCD HDTV. It's a Syntax Olevia, and as usual, I'm getting a pretty solid deal on it. Apparently it debuted at $2999 in March '05. Currently Target has it on sale for $1199.

CompUSA had it on clearance for $999. I checked the Wichita store, which only had the demo left. I got it open box for $849. Here's the kicker. It has a $250 rebate. Basically I'm picking up a solid $1200 TV for half price.

I've read several reviews, and while it's not top of the line, it's apparently a very solid deal for the money, even at $1500+. It performs as well as many name brand models costing upwards of $2000. I asked a buddy who works in home theater sales about it, and he told me he'd buy it out of principle for $600.

In case you didn't know, I HATE extended warranties, but I purchased it on this one. I got a 4 year warranty for $50. It's normally $129, but I got it at cost. Even so, I still might not have done it if the TV weren't a floor model that's been running constantly for the last year and a half.

For my second act, CompUSA had a refurbed, original model Mac Mini for $200. I'm going to do the warranty swap and basically trade my 2 year old video card for the Mini.

Basically, I'm going to end up getting the 37" LCD for $600 and the Mini for free. I love FatWallet, and I also love inside connections.

No comments: