Tuesday, August 29, 2006

A dilemma

I have another 18-200mm VR Nikon coming in this week. I had initially planned on selling the ones I received until the prices dropped. They eventually will, when the supply/demand issues get sorted out, and Nikon bumps up the production. However, if it comes in before Friday, I'll be tempted to use it at my grandparents' 60th wedding anniversary, where I'm the default photographer.

It's a great lens, and I'm 100% committed to getting one for myself, but it's hard to keep one when I can sell it for $1000, and they'll eventually be readily available for $699 or less. Then again, that could be some time from now, and I really would have liked to had it for my trip to Michigan this year. I know $700 is a lot for a lens, but I sold several other lenses in order to pay for it, so it's already paid for, in a sense. I originally planned on keeping the one I first ordered.

I think if it gets here by Friday, I'll keep it. I might still try to sell it used, if I can get enough out of it.

EDIT: Well, it's Tuesday, and it's still not here, although I was charged for it days ago. Needless to say, it's going on eBay when it arrives.

No comments: