Saturday, September 23, 2006

Why can't it always be this easy?

I ordered an iPod when I ordered my iMac, and was told by Apple that there was a $179 rebate through the educational store if the iMac was purchased with an iPod. I went ahead and ordered a 30GB iPod, and was looking at $90, after the rebate came back.

Problem was, the fine-print of the rebate said that the new iMacs didn't qualify for the rebate. I was kinda bummed, but didn't blame the Apple rep too much, because I ordered the iMac less than 1 hour after it was announced. I called Apple to arrange a return.

Much to my (pleasant) surprise, a friendly, native English speaker told me that because the error was Apple's fault, they'd refund my credit card the amount of the rebate. I was shocked. Sure enough, they hooked me up. I really wish more companies were like that.

No comments: