Sunday, December 10, 2006

What's old is new again.

"I love the Power Glove. It's so bad."
-Lucas Barton, The Wizard (1989)

I never thought I'd say this, (even in 1989) but I agree. Thanks to this. I love seeing crazy people with way more engineering skills (and time) than I have doing stuff like this. It gives me hard evidence which I can use to rebut my wife's claims that I'm the biggest nerd on the planet.

And as big of nerds as those guys are, they've got nothing on this guy, who legally changed his name to include a Legend of Zelda reference, and who sat on the sidewalk for more than a week in NYC to be the first person in North America to purchase a Nintendo Wii. And when he he shook the hand of Nintendo of America's President, he did it while wearing a Power Glove. I'm sure Lucas Barton would be proud.

No comments: