Monday, August 06, 2007

Barry Bonds* Is a Cyborg


I don't know if I buy this, but apparently Barry Bonds* is using performance enhancing robotics in addition to performance enhancing drugs.** The guy sounds like he knows what he's talking about, but then again, so do I sometimes. It means nothing.

Check out this quote:

1) The apparatus is hinged at the elbow. It is a literal "hitting machine" that allows Bonds to release his front arm on the same plane during every swing. It largely accounts for the seemingly magical consistency of every Bonds stroke.

You can see it on his left elbow in the pic above. I'm not sure if it's the newer or older version, but it is weird. Just another reason to hate Barry Bonds*.


** (allegedly)
* (Do you really need an explanation?)

1 comment:

Nathan said...

I think the world might be a better place once we all come to grips with the fact that Bonds is a cyborg. I know I'm a better person for knowing.